Before the stones...

Tuesday 14 October 2008

I already introduced you to one of my spare time activities - sticking stone plates on the wall. But I noticed that I missed to tell you about the preliminary stage of the work - putting a termoinsulation material before the stones.

That evening my main occupation was to prepare the walls for the sticking of the stones with the building glue.
On the first picture (on the left side) you see the work place before the intervention - like a naked maiden, waiting to be dressed. Lets satisfy the wall - in that case instead clothes we'll use the termoinsulation material (picture 2, on the right side). Whole my house is isolated with exception of the lower part. Of course, it's maden with an intention. When I put the termomaterial, I'll make a stone plint.

So I carefully did cut the material in a way, relevant to the size of the prepared sector, I covered the back side with glue and then I sticked it to the wall (picture 3, down right). It's important after that to hit the surface of the agglutinate insulation, because this improves the cohesion and the material will adhere better! Also it will be goog to fill the gaps between the separated parts of the insulation.

The final step of my job was to plaster the surface with glue (picture 4, right). The expected outcome of that last action is to increase strength of the new construction.

Tomorrow that place will be ready for the stone plates!

0 comments:

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB