The story of my house

Monday 22 September 2008

story [description] - a description, either true or imagined, of a conncted series of events...
(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)




The banal and true phrase says that every house has a story. The house is just a building in which the people live. A heap of bricks. Should I bother you with my house's story? Well, dear reader, in that case you always might leave that page. But if like my blog and the story of my house, you're welcome agian.

Like every other house, mine has a story. And my house has a soul.

My home was built from my grandfather Georgi in 1957. The previous two years the family made bricks for the building. Mom was just 16 years old but she helped in the production too. The house had two storeys but the lack of money became the reason to be not completed. There wasn’t a bathroom and a solid stairway, some of the rooms of the upper floor even didn’t have doors.

When my father married my mother in 1965, they decided to live in Haskovo, in my mother’s family house. So dad started his life in the house of his parents-in-law (situation not very usual for the Bulgarian tradition). But dad wasn't frustrated - he's very ambitious and hard working person, so in a short time he made strong staircase and a terrace.
In the late 90’s with my parents we started new massive repair. We earned enough money to replace the old wooden floor between our two storeys with concrete. That cause many subsequent repairs and … well, we still work on our house with intention to make it a better place for living.

0 comments:

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB