How I sticked stone plates on my home's walls

Sunday 28 September 2008

The task of my business yesterday and today was to make a stone footing on the outside walls of my house. That means generally speaking to stick stone plates on the down part of the wall. According to my aesthetic paradigm, the stone plates with their beautiful colors do match with the color of the house in a way, which in Bulgaria we call like bottom and pants.

Armed with plates, a glue and instruments, I started with an enthusiasm the execution of my goal. The work is not hard, but requires both patience and passion...


Take the plate, cover the back side with the necessary quantity of glue, stick it on the wall, hit with the hammer to make a stronger cohesion, then fill up the gaps with more glue...

Here is a view of the rough result after the job's initial stage:
As you see, my work is not completed, so I continue... These small wooden splinters are used with two aims:
1. To prop the separated plates until the glue dries;
2. To make a distance (a gap) between the plates, which will be filled with glue later.

My dad despite the warm sun was wearing his hat and jacket. At first he did sit on a plastic chair and all the time gave me his wise advices :) My father has a restless heart and in some moment he did stand up and included himself in the work...
Finally he was convinced that the situation wasn't hopeless and even if I'll never be a good master, I can cope with th work. So then he sat on his chair again ...

I really endeavoured to arrange the stone plates in a homelike and nice way... Here is the last picture that I took that evening. That wall is almost ready but there are few other sides of the house as well as a stone fence in the front side of the yard!

The future feats are waiting for me :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a cool one :) I wonder ... what you might be doing with the big screw we found today :)

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB